KXB Animation Workshops are coming to your local Art Center. Using custom designed rigs and industry quality software and equipment students will participate in collaborative and hands-on activities to create a series of animated shorts.
KXB Animation Workshops cover the full spectrum of animation:
- Learn Hand Drawn Animation Techniques. Create Morphs, loops, and characters that come to life through fun exercises.
- Learn Stop Motion Animation Techniques. Build your own 3 dimensional character and design the set.
- Learn Experimental Animation Techniques. There’s more to it than just character animation.
- Use Top Industry Software and Equipment. KXB provides custom lightboxes, Canon DSLRs, and Dragon Stopmotion software for students.
- Understand the History and Culture of Animation. Through in class screenings see how animation has evolved to what it is today.
- Have the skills to make their own animated shorts!
Animation Workshops come in 3 forms:
- Animation Workshop: Learn how to harness the playful power of animation and make your art come to life. Students will learn hand-drawn, stopmotion, and experimental animation techniques as well as animation art history and home-studio hacks. The goal of this workshop is for students to gain a complete understanding of how to make an animated short. Check the Register page to see the current schedule.
- Animation Intensive: Jump into the world of animation with this comprehensive study of animation techniques. Students will learn hand-drawn, stopmotion, and experimental animation techniques through collaborative projects. The goal of this workshop is for students to have the tools to continue exploring animation. Check the Register page to see the current schedule.
- Individual Lessons: Lessons are based on a students individual needs. This workshop is for the more experienced animator with a specific learning goal. Contact KXB Studio for more information.